The minimum age at which the employment of an apprentice may commence is 18 years of age.
The minimum education requirements are:
- A qualification placed at Level 4 Major Award of the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) (a Pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent), OR have at least three years trade-related experience.
- Pass Grade in Maths at Level 3 (or equivalent).
- A minimum English Language proficiency of B2 in writing, reading, listening and speaking on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL) for speakers of English as a second language.
- A minimum of 5 passes in a certificate placed at EQF Level 3 for holders of EU qualifications.
- In a case where an applicant does not meet the educational requirements specified above, they must satisfactorily complete an informative panel interview facilitated by the Programme Manager.
All candidates will undergo Suitability Tests:
- Medical fitness to work assessment
- Colour vision test
- Heights test